Saturday, March 15, 2008

Induction Day 1

Day 1 went even better than I thought. No headache. I had a smidge of one in the evening around bedtime, but I don't think it was caffeine withdrawal because it didn't show up in the afternoon. Very strange. I think God was gracious with me. I was tired, but that probably had more to do with the fact that Eden, my five-year-old, woke up in the middle of night sobbing, "I just had the worst dream of my life!" She then came to bed with us and was freaking out over every shadow that she swore she saw moving.

Ok, here is my starting info. I took my measurements but I just can't bring myself to post them. I thought I was brave, turns out not so much. But I will, at the end of these first 2 weeks, report any changes.

Starting weight: 160

Breakfast
  • decaf coffee w/cream
  • 2 scrambled eggs w/butter (oh the luxury!)
  • 3 turkey sausages (tossed 'em in the George Foreman)

Lunch

  • 2 cups red leaf lettuce
  • 2 tbsp. feta
  • 5 olives
  • olive oil & vinegar dressing
  • 1 can of light tuna w/a couple tbsp. of the dressing

Dinner

  • grilled chicken
  • 1 cup asparagus

Snacks

  • a few pieces of salami (couldn't find anything else and I was hungry)
  • egg salad in a cup
  • sugar-free jello with fresh whipped cream (sweetened with Splenda)

I'm used to counting calories, not carbs, so I had a hard time getting my 20 grams in. I only got 12.5. So I'll have to work on that today. Big learning process for me. I did begin craving a sandwich at bedtime, but reminded myself that I want to be healthy more than I want a sandwich. Craving gone.

So... on to day 2. This is the first morning in a long time that I haven't woken up hungry. I don't know if it's a coincidence or not. I will get back to the gym and workout today, as I'm not feeling crappy like I thought I would.

No comments: