Thursday, March 13, 2008

Pre-day Jitters

Tomorrow is 'the day'. I know Monday is usually the first day for this kind of thing, but I've been starting each new 'healthy week' on Mondays for over a year now, so I thought I'd change it up. Also, sometimes I'll do really well all week, then hit the weekend and totally blow it. I'm thinking that maybe if I weigh myself on Friday I'll be more inspired to keep going and stay strong over the weekend.

Or maybe it won't make a lick of difference.

Went through my kitchen today to 'detox' it. It's hard, though, when you have a husband and two kids who shouldn't have to be drug into your decision. I would like them to eat a little more healthy, but if I force it they will resent it. So I'll still let them have their snacks (and John his pasta) but encourage healthy options more often.

I pitched:
  • cold cereals
  • coffee cream
  • bread crumbs
  • Fiber One bars
  • ice cream cones
  • pasta (except for a couple for John and the kids)
  • cookies
  • chips
  • syrups (pancake, corn syrup)
  • molasses (why do I even have this stuff?)
  • marshmallows
  • coconut
  • raisins
  • crackers (left the Goldfish)
  • 100 calorie snacks
  • frozen bananas
  • fudge pops

And I moved some of my baking products to the basement pantry.

Then Eden (my 5-year-old) and I hit the grocery store. We picked up:

  • eggs
  • heavy cream
  • turkey sausage
  • olives
  • decaf coffee (sob!)
  • white wine (I know, I know. It's not for drinking, but for cooking. I swear.)
  • sugar-free Jello
  • pork loin chops
  • red leaf lettuce
  • feta cheese
  • tomatoes
  • spinach
  • cucumber
  • broccoli
  • red peppers

I need to go to the meat market to get the good chicken I want, but other than that I should be set for the next 3-4 days.

I'm a little nervous... mostly about giving up my coffee. I'm afraid I'm going to have massive headaches and I don't deal with them very well. I should've weaned myself off, but I'm not bright enough.

2 comments:

Laura_A said...

You are so brave! I'm excited to see how your 1st week goes. Maybe if I see you get through it, I'll be able to commit too. teehee

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you have to give up caffine of Atkins Val. That is rough. Pump that water. And good first weekend vibes coming your way! Becky